It's never to early to start saving for your college education. Even if your parents are planning to help you out, it's well worth it to have extra money available to pay for tuition, books, travel to and from college, or coffee out with friends.
What can you do to help pay for college?
- Find a part-time job with flexible hours. Pet and baby sitting can be great options.
- Lock in a summer job early. Lots of kids just like you will be looking for summer jobs. Get your summer job lined up well before the start of summer avoid missing out on this opportunity to earn money.
- Start a college savings account. Put a little money away each week that's just used to pay for college-related expenses.
- Keep your grades up. The better your grades, the better your chances of winning scholarships.
- Explore a different kind of gift. Instead of getting more traditional gifts from friends and relatives on birthdays, holidays, etc., encourage them to put money in your college fund. Remind them that even if it's only a few dollars, every cent is an investment in your future.
Watch this video for more information about paying for college.